Do I need to be creative to take part in your programs?
No No No No! I can’t emphasise this enough.
You don’t need to think you are creative.
You don’t need to believe you are creative.
You don’t need to have done any creativity since you were at school.
You don’t need to be any good.
In fact, there is no Good or Bad in these workshops. These two words do not exist.
There is no ugly or beautiful. In fact, there is a part of me that wants to giggle and say – ‘bring on the ugly.’ I love making ugly paintings.
What you do need is the ability to have a go and put pen to paper, brush to paint or ripe pages out of a magazine.
What you do need is the ability to allow any feelings of doubt, fear or even shame to come and be released in these workshops.
What you do need is the desire and want to let go of self-criticism and your inner critic, bitch, gremlin or cow.
What you do need is the willingness to let go of perfectionism – because in life this is impossible to achieve and in this method of Intuitive Creativity we do not focus on the outcome.
Brene Brown calls it the ‘Creative Wound’ and it’s painful, but believe me when I tell you its healable and it’s so incredibly worth healing our creative wound. Because there is so much more freedom, joy and connectedness you can gain in life.
What If I can’t afford the price?
There are payment plans which are always available. Or you can email me at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss other possiblities.
Do I need to be a part of the Facebook group?
No! Though the Facebook group is a great way to connect to others, it is definitely not compulsory. Trust yourself and do what’s right for you!
What if I can’t get all the materials before the program starts?
There are always alternatives. I have had participants work using A4 printing paper and tying them together.
Here is the ideal materials list
A composition book, sketch or exercise book (these do not need to be expensive. I use book which cost 4.99 and you can get them cheaper online.
A glue stick
Cheap watercolours – you can get these online for less than £5 and they are great.
A couple of paint brushes
Magazines which you are happy to rip up or found images.
A small ball of Red thread/wool
4-5 pieces of Ribbon or wool, string.
For programs: Acrylic Paint in primary colours & white gesso
And always bring your favourite beverages to workshops and programs.
I found the most important things is to allow your inner artist to have materials to play with. This is a time to also have some fun and play!
What if I am through the worst of my grief, can I still join the creative programs?
Yes Yes Yes and Yes again!!!
There will be programs, which are complete for you.
If in doubt email me at email@example.com and ask. I will be honest.
Also, trust your gut feeling about the program and subject matter.
What if I get really overwhelmed with emotions while taking part in the programs?
This can happen, we are working with grief and at times other feelings and issues come into awareness.
I want to let you know that I am here. I am aware that this can happen and I want to let you know that it is very very normal.
Here is what you can do to support yourself.
2. Let yourself know that you are in a safe place and it’s ok to feel all feelings.
3. Email me, letting me know what is going on.
4. Breathe some more. Use the box breathing method. Breathe in 4, Hold for 4, breathe out for 4. Hold for 4. Repeat 5 times.
5. Do a Resting Page. This is an exercise that you can do in your journals. It starts with writing. It’s such a wonderfully beautiful and powerful exercise, which I teach early on in my programs. I also have a free video which supports you through the process, so you are not on your own. Here is the Resting Page link.
6. Trust the Process: I find that and I have witnessed for myself and in my clients that these times are the most powerful and healing breakthroughs – but I know they don’t feel it at the time.
7. Finally, Repeat any of the above tools and keep in touch with me! You do not have to lone-wolf this!